Monday, March 17, 2014

Ramya's Birthday Celebration - September 2013

I turned 32 on a Wednesday so Lateef wasn't there to celebrate with me that day. But that doesn't mean that I didn't feel the love. Amyra skipped school and helped me run errands. Lateef sent me this awesome Edible Arrangement (and he included extra chocolate covered fruit which was awesome - the chocolate covered bananas were my favorite and I'm pretty sure I didn't share with anyone). And then that evening I went out with my parents, kids, and my bro and his girl to BJ's BBQ and enjoyed an awesome dinner and an even better Nuthin Bundt Cake. My other gift was buying the final season of Spartacus so it was definitely a great birthday. 
It didn't end there however. I discovered that my new white friend Nicole also had a birthday that was very close to mine (hers is on September 5th). Upon this discovery, we decided to have a ladies day out and go to the spa at the Peppermill and enjoy ourselves.
So, after our kids' soccer game on Saturday Sept. 14, Jamie, Nicole and I all met at the Peppermill Spa at around 3:30pm and got pedicures. The best part though was enjoying the facility afterwards. It seriously was the first time I can remember being in a hot tub by myself without having to worry about my kids drowning. It was magical.
 After about 3 hours at the Spa, we got ready and went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant at the casino. 
 Jamie bought us drinks and balanced a spoon on her nose. 
 And Sonal, Ryan and TaReon even joined us.
 Afterwards, we all went dancing and had a great time (until I started jumping and totally aggravated my trampoline back issue). Other than that, it was a great day with great friends and I look forward to doing it again.
I think this is a picture of my children the day I was gone. Don't they look miserable without me?

No comments: