Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Start of a New Era

Well, she's here. Our lil nugget/munchkin/recessive beauty is here and I'm so excited. My birth was super easy and I feel like I cheated the system somehow. I maybe suffered through about 30 contractions total, before I got a painless epidural, progressed to 10 cm 3 hours later, and after about 25 minutes of pushing, Amyra was born. She was so easy on me during pregnancy though (no morning sickness, swelling only at the end) why should I have expected anything less. And now she is just a great baby. Sleeps well, doesn't really cry, and is a baracuda when breast feeding which makes me feel good knowing that she'll probably grow well. This first week has been relatively easy (knock on wood) but next week I'll be on my own, so hopefully it will continue to go smoothly. It's just amazing how much I love her already and I can't imagine my life without her.

3 comments:

jaacs said...

Yay! You have a blog! And you are a mommy!!! Your girl is gorgeous! She is just stunning. Very exciting.

Our blog is set to private but send me an email at welcome2us@hotmail.com and I'll make sure you are on that priviledged list. lol.

Love to you all and write whenever!

Sofia said...

Why did I find this through Christina's blog? (Love you Stina!) Did you leave me a message and I'm just a moron? I think so.

Anyways.... love love love the site address.

jaacs said...

I had a dream about you the other night. I dreamt that you had your little girl and I went to ask you her name and you said something like Marcia or Marcie (!!!). Bleh, I know. lol. Then I was asking about Amyra and you had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, you were white.

Yeah, I'm that random sometimes. My dreams are stupid AND racist.