Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Suck at Art - 7.24.12

I've come to the realization that I am just not an art person. I really wanted to be creative and do wonderful art projects over the summer but it just didn't happen. I'm too analytical and I don't think art works for me in that way. I do remember that I used to like cross-stitching, crocheting, etc as a child so maybe I can get the girls into that as they grow older.
Anyway, that being said, I do let the girls just mess around with paint, crayons, and especially water. They probably wash one of their stuffed animals each day or cook soups etc. So I guess it balances itself out.
 So I'm sure the orange circles draw even more attention to the fact that the girls are topless but whatever. It's my small attempt at protecting them. 
 Here are the girls painting with some paint supplies we got from my mom's boss this summer. She hooked it up!
Amyra drew this dog about a week ago and I was so impressed. 
I was proud of Amyra's self-created "Art Wall" on her door. She cut out some pages from my scrapbook catalogue and taped it up to her door and then whenever she did do some art this summer, she would put it up on her Art Wall. Good job Amyra!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

You are crazy. You really do an EXCEPTIONAL job at everything you do with the girls!!!!