Monday, April 15, 2013

MLK Dinner - 1.21.13

We've been in Reno for three years now and have talked about going to the Martin Luther King dinner for three years. We were finally persuaded to go by our friend Sonal. She was taking her son and the key note speaker was an Indian man! So, Lateef and I decided to go with Teefy and we arrived just as the event started at 7pm. We only stayed 2 hours and the event was only okay. The speaker was more motivational than anything (which was good) but I thought he would be speaking about how hard it was to acclimate to life in American being a FOB. Anyway, we also didn't get to do much mingling because everyone was seated by 7pm. Next time, if we decide to go and spend another $100, I would make sure we are there for the cocktails prior to the event so that we can meet some people in the community. Oh well. 
 I rarely get pictures with my little man. 
The Teefs

No comments: