Sunday, July 7, 2013

Swim Lessons - March 2013

We started swim lessons up again at Silver Bear in March and this time Mya got to join in (because I didn't have to get in the water!) They've now been taking lessons for almost four months and I think it's been great overall. 
Amyra is now in the Polar 2 level and they are starting to teach her the mechanics to swim using side breaths and swim sideways? Is that even a stroke? My issue is that I think Amyra would benefit more from a class that can teach her to tread water and swim using more of the strokes that I learned when I took lessons at Alfs. I mean they don't even do Monkey, Tree, Rocketship (my favorite). So I am going to send her to Alf's for two weeks towards the end of the summer and see how she likes it. If she prefers lessons there, I will stop them at Silver bear and save $50/month.
For Mya on the other hand, I think I am going to keep her at Silver Bear for a while. I think it's the perfect introduction for children into the water and she has excelled learning in that environment. She was never scared putting her face under water and just learns so quickly and follows instruction so well.  I have a feeling she is still a year out from taking lessons at Alf's for their Level 1 instruction but we will see!

No comments: