The annual tree slaughtering. This year Amaya came with us and we left Teef with Jamie and the boys. It was the first time Teef was with someone other than my folks for a long period of time (4 hours) and though he had one breakdown when he realized we were gone, after about 20 minutes of crying, he was fine.
As for our adventure at Chris' ranch, it was pretty typical. The girls were preoccupied with playing with the fire while the adults went and chose the tree and Lateef cut it down.
There was some excitement when Amyra almost burned Mya with a stick because she just swung around and wasn't really paying attention. Thankfully no one was hurt but maybe kids and fire really don't mix.
This year there was the added bonus of throwing some rocks and an old car that was in the mountains and probably belonged to some fugitives.
So the janky thing about cutting down the tree this year is that we didn't decorate it until the very last last minute :( Since we knew we would be in Vegas for Christmas this year, I was not motivated to decorate it. I suck. And dang. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing this may no longer be a tradition for the family due to our current circumstances. Bummer. It will be missed.






No comments:
Post a Comment