Whoohoo! So we finally drove down to Vegas after 6 months! It was actually one of our best drives to date too. We left by 7pm and the girls watched TV in the truck until about 10pm and we got in at 1:30am. Neither Lateef or I needed to sleep on the way there and we just talked the whole time which made it fly by.
We went to Las Vegas to celebrate Lateef's 30th birthday. I must admit it was a bit of a selfish reason on my part as well. I had planned to go down for one night so I could attend Crimson Nights and see some of my Line Sisters. But, I also felt guilty leaving Lateef the day before his birthday. So, I convinced him to move our planned August trip to July and the rest is history.
I am so glad we came out for his birthday though. We had probably our best trip to date this weekend. Just a lot of relaxing and not a lot of rushing around. The girls loved spending time with their cousins Jenna and Jillian and their grandparents. And of course, Lateef's birthday bash at his folks house turned out wonderfully. We all got to see a lot of family and friends.
The drive home however was NOT fun. I drove for about 1.5 hours so Lateef could sleep a little but we were still so exhausted so we ended up sleeping in the car for another hour in Hawthorne. We left at 9pm and got home by 4:30am. Boourns. And to top it all off, my feet got swollen! Ahh. Luckily the swelling is gone now but I'm even more grateful that we didn't wait another month to go out there!
Overall it was a great trip and we are looking forward to heading out there again for Thanksgiving though we will probably just fly next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment