Lateef's birthday was quite eventful but not in the way he wanted I'm sure. I ended up getting a call that afternoon from our close friend Jamie that her son had almost drowned! I rushed to pick up her other two kids and we ended up keeping Amaya for the evening while the Chapman's stayed with Darius at the hospital. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life but I'm so glad I just PICKED UP MY PHONE. I have a tendency to just let calls go to voicemail, but I picked up Jamie's call that day and I'm so glad I did. Ever since then actually, I always pick up the phone if a friend calls (unless it's Sof and then we have a three calls in a row requirement).
Anyway, thankfully Jamie performed CPR and saved Darius' life and he was back to his same spunky self the next morning. I'm just so happy we live so close to this family and have in turn become more than just friends. They are definitely like our second family out here.
This is the picture of the kids at China King for dinner that night. They all chose to sit in their own booth for dinner and enjoyed not having to sit with their loser parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment