So I've been procrastinating. Whenever it comes time to post about vacations on the blog, it always takes like 6 posts and it's a process and I just haven't been looking forward to it. But the time has come. I have to mail out Christmas Cards and in my newsletter it says "read my blog" and the last thing I want is for people to see is that I'm 6 months behind. OMG. So I must push through!
Los Cabos. This was a random trip. I was at Chucky Cheese with my friend Sonal and she mentioned that her family was going to Los Cabos for a week after school got out. Well, I knew once I mentioned this news to Lateef, he would automatically say "let's go too." I even warned her of this possibility and if she didn't want to us to crash their vacation, she had to let me know. But, she said "please join us" and we ended up booking our trip that weekend.
Looking back at the trip, we approached it with the wrong mindset and that led to some frustrations. Our initial excitement was created thinking we would get to hang out with our friends and have this relaxing and amazing time. Umm hello Ramya and Lateef. Do you not realize that you have three children under the age of 5 that aren't proficient swimmers? So the reality was, at least one person had to watch the children at all times. This meant, as our other friends were chilling and socializing (their kids are older and didn't need to be watched 24/7) one of us had to be on parent duty (most often me), which led to feelings of wanting to beat my husband (for me) while he relaxed and I was on "kid duty".
Honestly, I feel bad, because if you ask the kids, they had a great time and overall I think it was a wonderful trip, but it's hard to look past how that "parent duty cloud" created a funk on the whole trip. I truly think, if we hadn't had those unreasonable expectations from the start, this trip would have ranked really high. Oh well. I'm done venting. Let's get on with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment