Ahh Renee. Isn't she a gorgeous pregnant mama? I volunteered to host her baby shower and needless to say that was quite stressful. Mostly self-inflicted but what can you do? We were in the process of getting our floors redone right before the shower too so that added an extra element of "AAAHHHH".
We decided to theme the shower and since Renee came up with "Classy Halloween" (I was hoping to do trashy Halloween and wanted people to come dressed as anything baby - Placenta, umbilical cord, etc. but am glad that didn't happen) and so Lateef suggested a "Masquerade"party and that's what we went with. Below are the invites and only pictures I took that had anything to do with the shower.
Anyway, I had a "Brunch" shower (because Sofia had shown me how wonderful the food could be at Brunch) and it mostly went off without a hitch. Some guests even said it was the classiest baby shower they had ever attended. Looking back, I wish I would have incorporated a prize for the Best Masquerade mask. People were great about bringing their masks but then we never even addressed them which was stupid on my part. Not to mention, I hand-made about 50 additional masks just in case people didn't bring theirs, and needless to say, there were a lot of extra masks at my house.
The food was a bit of a mess. I had wanted to make these wonderful breakfast panini that Sof had made at my shower, but ultimately, we ran out of time and settled for a "panini station" which to me = GHETTO. Oh well. There was too much food (always an issue for me) but I guess I would rather have too much than not enough.
For games we kept it simple and played "Guess How Big Renee Is" and "Baby Shower Charades". Both were great but with so many people there (at least 30 I'm thinking), there was a lot of chatting and not a lot of paying attention when it came to the games. Oh well.
The best part were the cupcakes that Sof made which Renee said were literally like needing CRACK they were so good. I agree.
Overall, though I would change a few things, I'm glad I was able to do this for my friend, but am also glad I can relax for a while.




No comments:
Post a Comment