Tuesday, July 22, 2014

England - Day Two - The London Eye - 10.30.13

After the Cake Shop, we grabbed a quick meal at McD's (I'm so embarrassed to admit it but we were hungry and it was literally right there). 
 Mya got fancy with her posing.
 Ahhh, bats!
Teef!
 Lateef and his "scenic shots"
 Gosh I really need to look up what River this is. The Thames?
 I didn't allow Lateef to get a matching Red Jacket. Poor dad.
 Acting like they love each other. 
The plan was to take all the kids on the London Eye but the line was SUPER long and I didn't want to waste time waiting in a line. So, all the kids played on this cool wood structure for a couple of hours. It literally was just beams of wood nailed together with some netting hanging down or a tire swing here and there. So simple and so fun.
Here are the girls posing. Our view of the EYE!
 That play structure. 
 Amyra took a picture of the Lateef and I. 
We ended up taking the tube all around and went to a free science museum. It was definitely above the age level of the kids but they did have a kid area and we went to a Bubble Show. I was proud when Amyra was the first to raise her hand and volunteer. Mya wanted to volunteer so badly too. One day. I was amused because the presenter kept telling kids not to stand up and pop the bubbles, and my kids KEPT on trying to pop them! I'm actually really sure they couldn't understand what the guy was saying. Those darn British accents. 
 Amyra volunteering.
 Girls standing when they shouldn't
 The kids' area in the museum.
On the way back to Royce Aunty's cake shop the kids were EXHAUSTED! They girls fell asleep on the train, but poor Teef wanted boob so badly, and it just wasn't possible with my jacket and shirt on so he was crying like crazy. Some people were really nice though and were giving me their sodas, and crisps (chips) and even phones, to try and distract him. It was really nice. Or maybe they really hated to hear crying. Either way it was appreciated. 
 So tired!
Well, we finally got to the Cake Shop, packed up some cake slices, and my aunt took us out to eat at this Asian Buffet called Cosmo! It was SO good. In England, Asian includes Indian, Indonesian, and many other types of "Asian" food so we were stuffed by the end. It was a long but great day in London. 

No comments: