Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fishing with Uncle Ryan - 7.19.14

If my memory serves me correct, Amyra had been asking to go fishing for some time, so Uncle Ryan finally agreed to take her before we moved away. Typical. Anyway, I went with the girls and Ryan to Chris' Ranch (the same place we always get our Christmas tree from), to try our luck.
Unfortunately, we had absolutely no luck with fish. Did I ever tell you (Sofia that is) that I've never caught a fish? I've always wanted to catch one and never have. Maybe one day. Either way, we did have a lot of luck with those crawfish. There were like millions of them and Chris gave us some traps and we left with about 40+. I actually didn't want to cook them though because I think you have to boil them alive. Ryan took some but ended up throwing them away. Like really, what waste. Why did we kill all those crawfish. Why? Because we felt bad that Chris spent all this time setting up traps and we didn't want him to feel bad. So we murdered crawfish instead. Sigh. One was especially big and we called him a Craw-Grand-Daddy (instead of Craw-dad). Regardless, the girls, though only slightly amused with the actual fishing process, loved playing with the worms. They wanted to hook them and hold them and even took some home as pets. Although now that I think about it, I have no clue what happened to our pet worms. Hmmm.

Does that look like a fire on the log? I honestly can't tell but Chris may have started a fire for us. 
 Uncle Ryan holding one of the many crawfish.
 Poor Crawfish.
 Amyra messing with the worm. Chris had told her that if you split them in half, they will grow into two worms. I was slightly mortified when she ripped the worm in half. But I guess it was for science? Either that or she's going to become a serial killer. Only time will tell. 
 Mya liked the worms too although she wasn't as brutal. 
 Amyra with both halves of the worm. Just kidding. I'm not sure what's in her hands. Probably worms.
 Standing on the edge of the creek trying to catch fish. Do you see how disinterested Amyra is? Fishing is boring. 
 Usie. I look bloated.  
 The pretty creek. 
 The bonus was getting to see Black Jack and Nugget! They usually go to Chris' ranch for summer camp (i.e. May through October) and live the wild life. No guaranteed food/hay or water. They just graze all day and bare the elements. I think they're happy that way. 
 The girls with their horse. 
 I'm pretty sure when Ryan tried to mount BJ, he tried to bite him. Haha. 
 Hence Ryan's annoyed face. 
 A girl and her worms. 
 And of course Mya stretching it out like play dough. 
Meanwhile, Teef and Daddy kicked it tough while we were out fishing. They took the dogs to the Marina and the dogs got to swim and play around. 
 By the time we got back from fishing, he was knocked out sleeping. A full day for us all. 

No comments: