Monday, March 28, 2016

Christmas Gift from The Lykes - 12.20.14

So sidenote, my folks were in town for about five days so they could spend some time with the kids before Christmas. And you want to know what's totally sad? I have no pictures of that. I seriously never take pictures of the kids with their Grandparents and it bugs me because there is no record of it :( Anyway, while my folks were here, we went to the Racetrack to see the lights. It was a great gift from Sof and the family and the kids just loved it. Well they did after a while at least.
The evening started out with a family trip to Sunset Park. 
 Then I told everyone we had a surprise and the kids were so excited. Of course, when they realized it wasn't a tangible gift, Mya was super bummed because she wanted a doll or something. But after going through it, she later said it was the best day of her life. She's been saying that a lot lately but that's a good thing. 
It really was a fun experience. The lights were synced to Christmas Carols and they gave us hot chocolate and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. 
Later in the week, I tried to make sugar cookies with the kids but decided to use the pre-packaged sugar cookie dough. Well, I didn't realize that if you use cookie cutters on that dough, they still end up looking like blobs after being cooked! Sheesh! Another Christmas tradition bust.
My folks also took all the kids out for a movie and my mom had an issue where she felt the need to countdown so the kids would listen. Apparently Teef thought it was funny and started threatening her by saying "I'm going to have daddy cut off your hair". Then the girls laughed hysterically and my mom was annoyed. Such is life. My kids are jewels. 

No comments: