Wednesday, March 23, 2016

New Friends - 11.26.14

So Amyra made a new friend at school named Maya. In an uncharacteristic move, I went up to her mom one day and introduced myself to try and get the friendship ball rolling. Turns out they had just moved here from Pennsylvania and had another little daughter named Leila who was right in between Amyra and my Mya in age. We decided to meet up at the skating rink one night for the school's skate night and the girls really hit it off. Lateef also really like their dad, Sam, who is from Ethiopia. I don't know about you, but I've learned the key to having long lasting family friendships is ensuring the husbands get along just as much as the wives. 
Anyway, this was our first family experience skating and Amyra just loved it. Mya was a little more cautious though she did later say it was the best day of her life. Teef tried it out a little but then was more into the arcade games. I wasn't opposed because that meant I didn't have to be out there on skates with him.
The cool thing was that we invited them to our Friendsgiving dinner the Friday after Thanksgiving and they accepted. Whoohoo! Yeay for new friends. 

No comments: