Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Birth! - 9.28.12

So what the hell? After assuming I had at least another 4 to 5 hours of labor left, the nurse came in one hour after checking my status (at about 12:45pm) and asked "are you ready to have this baby?" "What, shut up, are you serious?!" was my response. I couldn't believe it was time to push. 
And so Dr. Hernandez came in the room, Lateef got dressed and ready to deliver and it was finally time. Here are some key points I remembered from my delivery:
1) Dr. Hernandez referred to the baby on two different occasions (right as I'm about to deliver) as either "she" or "her". I was very confused. I was thinking "did she just ruin my surprise?" and "am I really having another girl"?
2) We had every intention of video taping the birth. Lateef had fortunately set up the IPAD in a corner shelf of the room. But when Sonal got out the actual video camera, an annoying nurse said "you have to make sure it's okay with the doctor". I wish I had pushed for it because Dr. Hernandez had said she would be okay with videotaping, but to avoid any hassle, I told them to forget about the video camera.  
3) During my first contraction when everyone was ready, I literally pushed 3 times and the baby was out!
4) I was thinking it was a girl but I had to ask Lateef "well what is it?" and he said "Oh yeah, it's a boy!"
A smile before I deliver.
Daddy's pretty happy too.
I wouldn't have assumed this would be his face while looking down there.
Crowning.
He looks so nervous while he's pulling the baby out - this must be his "poop" face.
He's out!
OMG it's a BOY!
He's so happy.
I think he's cutting the umbilical cord?
Umm, I'm not so impressed with Teefy...yeah right.
I love this little man!

No comments: