Sunday, December 14, 2014

Aspen's 3rd Birthday Party - 3.1.14

Aspen's 3rd birthday was held at her house and the kids had a nice time. There was a trampoline, a playground, a piñata, an awesome playroom and the kids were basically able to just go crazy which is always good. An idea that I really liked was that Lauren had the goodie bag "tchotchkes" out in a big bowl and the kids could get them as they wanted and play with them during the party. I loved this because it eliminated the inevitable mess in my car and the kids were still able to play with and have fun with the toys. 
The kids having fun on the playground.
 Teef blowing bubbles.
 He's such a stud.
 The girls.
 Trying to take a selfie.
 The birthday girl.
 Teef was so excited for the piñata. Even after his turn was over, he continued to try and hit the piñata with his hand. Such a boy. I need to get him his own piñata for his birthday.
 I'm just glad that as the years have gone by, the girls have gotten better at swinging a bat and looking less dainty when doing so. Good job girls. 
After the party, Lateef and I went out and had Ashley come over to babysit the kids. Amyra asked if she could come with us and I realized she was beginning to notice that Lateef and I were going out a lot more since we now had Ashley to babysit. She missed us and that made me feel bad. I told Lateef about this and he said "we always spend time with them" and I said this may be true but are we actually interacting with them, or just in the presence? Lateef agreed and so made an effort to just play with the kids that night. They played with their swords and Teef beat daddy with the sword like a maniac. It was a great end to the night. 

No comments: