Don't the girls look cute. We were on the way to Amyra's Piano class and I couldn't resist capturing how cute they looked.
Speaking of piano, I should mention the praise Amyra's teacher gave her about a month ago. During class her piano teacher asked if I had "tested" Amyra's intelligence before because she has "worked with a lot of 3 year olds and Amyra's ability to grasp definitely sticks out". Basically, she was reassuring me it wasn't something she said often and she really felt that if Amyra wanted to, she could probably be a concert pianist! She was marvelling at how fast Amyra was going through the piano books and how she was zipping through a book that 5-6 year olds start with.
Now I'm not exactly sure what being a "concert pianist" means but it doesn't surprise me. She gets it from her mama (who got it from her papa). Truthfully, my goal for my girls with learning to play music is that I want them to be able to read music (that can be their second language) and just truly enjoy how beneficial music can be in one's life. But, if Amyra or Myara ever wants to play professionally, I definitely won't stop them!
No comments:
Post a Comment