Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Years Eve - 12.31.11

So you know what's funny? We had like a small gathering at our house this New Year's Eve and of course I have NO pictures of it. This always happens. Anyway, in the afternoon we had like an appetizer potluck and guests included (Sof and the Family, Maurice, Sonal and Family, and Manisha and Family). People started coming around 2pm and everyone was gone by 7pm. It was definitely a lot of fun and something we will probably do again next year. The kids just entertained themselves the whole day and played in the bounce house (in our room this time) and just with all the girls toys. We had an elephant gift exchange with the theme being "a gift you received for Christmas that you won't use or Trash from your house". I was happy because I got rid of a lot of trash from my house and the best gift was this scary doll that Sofia brought and the girls randomly loved.

That night, Lateef and I actually went out in Reno for the first time in FOREVER (I think Thanksgiving of 2010). We went to Bubingas and danced a little but the best part was being able to sit at a table with Maurice and his friends. We walked around the casinos a bit and miraculously found my brother wandering back to his friends (we were trying to find him) and I fit into some skinny satin pants that Lateef got me two years ago (I was finally able to wear without a muffin top)! What a great way to ring in the New Year!



No comments: