This was the last of 4 weddings we attended this year and was for an old family friend I grew up with, Priya, and her husband, John, or Jacob, or Jingleheimershmidt. Something like that. Anyway, he was white and she was Indian and stunning, and they looked happy.
We left the girls with Grandma and Grandpa and it was nice to just enjoy another wedding without the girls (though many kids were there, I did not envy the parents who were running around after them). Don't get me wrong, I love my girls. But it's always nice to just be able to sit and enjoy the food and festivities at an occasion like this.
After the wedding however, I left feeling like ALL weddings are the same. They all cut the cake and have first dances and now it seems standard that some sort of Flash Mob be a part of the wedding or the father/daughter dance be a choreographed dance routine to 15 snippets of songs. All awesome but how does one really stand out anymore? So, my new goal, if and when the girls get married, and they allow me to do so, is to do stuff that NO ONE ever does at weddings. I'm talking, Father/Son-in Law mud wrestling and instead of cutting cakes, throwing pies in peoples' faces and having donuts for dessert.
Will any of this happen. I hope so but I guess we have to wait at least another 15 years to see what I come up with...
No comments:
Post a Comment