Monday, October 26, 2015

Aziz Ansari Comedy Show - 10.4.14

Date night! When I saw that Aziz was going to be in Vegas, I reached out and Trudy was quick to say she and her husband J would join us at the show and so we bought tickets like 5 months prior to the show date. I felt bad because she hadn't told J where we were going that night and I unknowingly ruined the surprise. I hate that because I love a good surprise and can't believe I ruined someone else's. Boo!
Anyway, we met up with the Reese's for dinner at a Thai Place in Chinatown and then rushed to Mandalay Bay. We had some okay seats but thankfully, everyone was okay with trying to sneak into better seats and ultimately, we ended up with some really good ones!
I guess I don't have any other pictures from the night. We did realize though that we all get along great and will definitely be hanging out more often when possible. I'm loving our new friends out here in Vegas.
It was funny. Aziz didn't allow for photography during his show, but he did allow for at least a few minutes in the beginning where he put up random scenes and would pose. The idea was that people would be like "Whoa, he just told a joke about icebergs?! That's amazing!"
 Aziz speaks Tamil and is quite funny and is also a feminist now. I guess he was surprised at how many woman have had men show them their genitals and been stalked by men, and that got him thinking. Kind of got me thinking too. WTF men. 
Anyway, he was awesome and it was a great date night. The kids stayed with Grandma and though a random Vegas earthquake may have woken them up that night, overall they did great spending the night! 

No comments: