Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The New House - September 2014

So the new house had a lot of work to be done. The walls were all white and the flooring was horrible. It was like this black marble and cheap tile everywhere. Needless to say, many of our first weekends in Vegas were spent doing stuff to the house whether it was Lateef putting up fencing around the pool and the dog run area (and me watching), or Lateef demolishing flooring (while I watched), or him painting walls (I chose the paint), or hanging chandeliers (I watched). He was truly always doing something. 
This was the entrance way before. There was this weird painting on the wall and a horrible chandelier. 
 This was the entertainment area in our bedroom. We wanted to have a sort of theater area but this built in unit took up a lot of space so Lateef demolished that as well. 
This is our "bedroom" which is a room off of the movie theater room above. See how plain it was. White walls and cheap horrible white carpet. Yuck. 
 I realized I don't like tile flooring (or light flooring) because I don't like light grout that gets dirty and just looks janky. This was the guest bedroom downstairs before painting and redoing the flooring. 
 This was Teef's room before. Again, white walls and that horrible tile. I also don't really like tile/hard wood flooring in bedrooms. I think carpet seems so much cozier. 
I will post some comparison after shots when I am motivated to do so. The transformations really are awesome though!
Anyway, my 33rd birthday was on September 4. I used to and still am uncomfortable with the number 3. It's like the worst odd number ever. That being said, I had this feeling that my 33rd year would be amazing, despite not doing much for my birthday. My birthday was on a Thursday so Lateef wasn't there until late that night. But, he did buy me tickets to go see Kinky Boots the musical with Jon and it was absolutely awesome and one of my favorite musicals ever! 
Then that weekend, we invited Femia and the family over along with the in-laws and we had some pizza and cake and they sang me happy birthday. I guess in all honesty, that's all I need in life right? Though I would appreciate a card or even just remembering that it's my birthday. That's okay though. I at least have my parents, brother, Sofia and Grandma to always count on for that!

No comments: