My little guy is 2!!! When the hell did that happen? Teef has been into "sports" lately. He's been into anything involving some sort of ball and physical activity so of course when I saw all the sports-related goodies at the Dollar Store, the deal was sealed. That evening, we had 13 kids show up (Orlaina/Nahlah, Jenae/Lexa/Jackson, Jenna/Jillian/Joey, Kehlan/Payton/Cameron, and Cefia/Ceriah. We played Pop the balloons (shaped as a football - some had $2 in them and one had $6 in them), throw the water balloon into the basket from the balcony, a piñata, and a water balloon fight. Though there were some minor issues like the acoustics in the entry way (the kids were excited and loud, making it hard to talk over them), and the water balloon fight where no kids ended up wet (how does that even happen?), everyone still had a great time. And of course there was swimming afterwards so you can't go wrong with that. Teef of course blew his candles out like a champ (we practice weekly randomly) and handed it to the piñata once more. I love this kid and can truly say that he is my favorite son.
You'll notice the brown blob-shape on the wall. Those balloons had money it them and were supposed to form a "football". That didn't happen. Also, I didn't really think through the whole "blind folded kids holding sharp pins" thing very carefully. Overall though, just one sweet girl didn't win any money (and I felt bad) but the kids liked it.
Here's Jenna with Joey and Teef.
Blindfolding for the balloon popping.
This was the hoop that the kids were supposed to throw huge water balloons into from the balcony.
Cameron, Mya, Ceriah and Teef.
Teef's Costco Birthday Cake
Blowing out the candles.
My two handsome men and some ugly troll next to them (and I mean myself, not sweet Kellen on the left)
One of the coolest presents was just dollar bills. Mama D did a great job with the presentation of gift. The girls loved it and were asking for the same when their birthdays came up next year.
My sweet boy and his sweet hair.
It was definitely a great party, and though I don't have any pictures, my folks had driven down to celebrate with Teef too which was very nice. Such great grandparents the kids have.





1 comment:
You really threw a great party. The games looked fun and I bet all of the kids were just thrilled! Kudos lady. Also, I know you were really talking about Kellen.
Post a Comment