Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Amyra's Piano Recital - 5.18.13

Amyra had the most amazing day today. First she had her piano recital in which she not only played her piano piece beautifully, but she also debuted her singing talent. (I don't know if I'm saying that right). Anyway, she sang Katy Perry's "Firework" and though she didn't move around as much as she did when she practiced, she sang it beautifully! She was on pitch and didn't have stage fright and I was just SO proud of her. The day was made even better because she had so much support from family and friends. Not only were Gammie and Gampie there, but Ryan and TaReon were there along with the Lykes family and Sonal and Yasmin. It was so nice to have so much support (hence another reason I'm so happy to be here in Reno).
 Mya posing at Amyra's recital.
Amyra getting her certificate from Miss Sandra.
And just when I didn't think the day could get better, Amyra officially learned to ride bike with no training wheels! Daddy had worked on it with her a few times but after only a few tries, she got it! I was so proud and surprised to hear Lateef call me out to the front yard to watch her ride her bike by herself! There was nothing she couldn't do that day. She was definitely on FIRE!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's so awesome!!! I didn't know she could ride without training wheels. AMAZING!!!!