So I bought a Groupon to take the family to the Wilbur May Museum for the "Creatures" exhibit (I think that was it's name). That was my first time actually going into the museum and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The girls loved seeing the "creatures" and playing around in the museum and the History of Rancho San Rafael Park was actually quite fascinating. I don't remember all the details but the owner of the Ranch, Wilbur May, liked to hunt and kill animals for sport. So we got to see many dead animal "trophies". Poor animals.
Posing with the "Creatures"
Me and my fat/wide self got to be in some pictures too.
Practicing their archaeological skills.
Anyway, as soon as we were done at the museum, Lateef left me and the kids to hike Brokeback style with Ryan but this time they spent the night and actually CAMPED! I love that Lateef's first time camping is just about as extreme as it can get. They didn't really bring food, just slept in a sleeping bag, ate fish that they caught, and barely slept because the horses were restless. Haha. I'm not sure if he will do that again but who knows.
It is quite beautiful out there though. I really need to take the kids there for a day trip during the summer.
Go Lateef! You survived hardcore camping. I would never do it but at least he finally officially camped.





No comments:
Post a Comment